Wednesday, January 9, 2013

So long, Mr Round...

This morning we received an email with these magic words:

Congratulations!  Your adoption case has been submitted to the U.S. Embassy in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.  


There is a spaciousness and softness that has returned to my body. Behind this renewed sense of ease is still a dull ache for our son to be in our arms, but the difference between what I felt last night and this morning is vast.

To celebrate, I went through some of Kysa's clothes looking for things to donate to Wynray's care center. While digging through the storage bins I discovered the box of clothes I'd been saving for Wynray. It was like discovering a treasure trove of memories and hope. The box contained a mix of well loved clothes Kysa wore as a baby, and clothes that I've purchased over the last two years for our baby boy.

I sat on the floor in Wynray's room and snuggled, smelled, and folded itty bitty baby clothes and walked myself down memory lane. Is there anything more nostalgic than folding baby clothes that your child once wore? Then add to that the clothes you've been saving for your new baby that he won't wear because he's outgrown them. 

Today is a day to celebrate, Wynray will be home soon. So I'm not going to spend much time thinking about the time we've missed with Wynray. But I do need to mourn the passing of Mr. Round. 

Mr. Round joined the collection of beloved clothes for Wynray two years ago when we spent Thanksgiving in Spain and Italy. Clearly, I had unrealistic expectations at the time because Mr Round was a 3-6 month sized shirt. However, we did get Wynray's referral when he was 5 months, though he'll be 9 months on Sunday. 

Isn't Mr Round cute? I love him....but not as much as Mr Sunshine.



One thing is for certain though, I would gladly trade Mr Round for Mr Sunshine. Wynray, it won't be long now. Just hold on, buddy. Mama and Papa and coming soon....


So long, Mr Round...Mr Sunshine is moving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment