Friday, May 27, 2011

Biometrics and Wait List Movement

Today we did one of our very last things needed for the adoption, aside from waiting patiently and two trips across the world. Today we did more fingerprinting, or the more sophisticated term: biometrics. Sounds much more sci-fi cool than it really was.

What I learned about myself today is that I have the hands of a manual laborer. This is the second time we've had to go through biometrics, and both times the person asked if I work with my hands, and had to do my prints over and over until the machine accepted them. Fredrik's prints were accepted first attempt. Mine took a while. They got frustrated. With me.

Could it have been the several years of childhood I spent ripping the skin off my hands doing uneven parallel bars as a gymnast, or holding leather reins through years of horseback riding, or mucking countless stalls? For the last 15 years I've been a dancer, and a yogini...good thing they didn't need prints of my feet!

Aside from a small hit to my vanity, it is done.

AND....we learned today we've moved up the list to #21. Whoa.
Happy Memorial Day Everybody!!

No comments:

Post a Comment